Our expert in-house infrastructure team continually monitor the evolving security landscape to ensure we offer the highest levels of secure hosting possible, with implementation being completed to ‘best practice’ standards.
Some of the standards and techniques we follow include:
- Firewalls are configured on the basis of least privilege – network access is only permitted for specific hosts and to specific services.
- Server systems are centrally managed – policies are deployed automatically and cannot be overridden locally.
- Servers and the services they host are ‘hardened’ to ensure the smallest possible surface area for attack.
- All connections used to administer systems force strong encryption.
- HTTPS encryption for website access is configured to give the best balance between security and accessibility.
- Annual penetration test of our own infrastructure.
- Scanning of all email for spam and viruses.
In addition, user controls are in place covering:
- Least privilege - access is only granted where a business need exists.
- Secure passwords – complexity requirements and locking of accounts after failed attempts.
- Extensive policies and procedures with annual company wide compliance checks.
- Data Loss Prevention tools in place to ensure data cannot be transferred outside the business.
Of course we can also support bespoke security requirements, including, but not limited to:
- Anti-virus & malware scanning of uploaded files / complete servers.
- Assistance with working towards PCI compliance.
- SFTP access to application files.
- Third party penetration testing of hosting services and/or completed applications.